Thursday 30 May 2013

Looks I am Loving: Orange Lips!


J Crew Sprig 2013
Double colour! but pretty no?
When summer comes.... I am lazy. Hot weather to me equals less makeup and more time spent outside walking, bike riding, sitting on patios... mostly sitting on patios; enjoying what little summer we get in Canada. And I want to look cute but not wear a ton of makeup that is going to slide off my face. Or affect my sunscreen reapplication. So giant smoky eye is out of the question. But deep red lips? in the middle of summer? no I want cheer, bright happy, sunny! That's where orange come is. I love orange, its like pink's older, punker, neglected sister. I don't want to look like a Barbie all the time, I want to look cool and fashion-y. What's more fashion-y I ask you then a funky lip colour, a bareface and some big "sunnies"? Nothing. Nothing I say! So here is three levels of orange intensity from dip your toe, to full on.

1. The Peach Lip

Oscar de la Renta Fall 2013
Dip your toe. Come to the orange side (orange side?). Easy to wear though right? Peach or a true coral pretty much anyone can wear. Its a good way to try out something different that is slightly more summery. It also pops a (preferably fake) tan, really well. Good suggestions include this one from Smashbox, which I picked mostly because it looks like the above photo, but its all about what you are going to feel awesome in. There are lots of options out there in this colour range.

Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Melondrama

2. The Orange Lip (The top J Crew picture)

More JCrew Spring 2013
Envision it with some sunglasses instead!

This is exactly what I am thinking. Super cool, big earrings, somewhat hipster in the city but with some style. This is daytime colour done right. Dewy skin, with a more matte lip and a hint of blush. The green is awesome, defs face colour blocking but I actually think it looks pretty here. I think it works because it is not super precise, its more smudged in. The same effect could be done with a bronze-y pencil if already jumping to an orange lip is a bit much. I am showing you one of my favourite colours of all time here, and it is cheap but awesome, pretty much matte and on me pretty much looks exactly like the pic above. Its so cheap you cant really go wrong to try it.

Revlon Super Lustrous Cream Lipstick in Siren

3. The All the Way Outrageous Orange

Moschino Spring/Summer 2013
Bright, shiny, unapologetically orange. There is no mistaking that its orange. And its bold. Not for the faint of heart. This is if you have already graduated from the other oranges on this list. The shine and depth of colour just ups the anti a bit. This is more of a night time look as it is the opposite of the last look; matte skin with a shiny lip. I guess it can be day done with a lighter eye, why not? anything goes. I love this one from Urban Decay that's relatively new because it acts as everything in one; you don't really need a liner or a gloss. It is a giant pencil, like a chubby stick on crack. Which is great, especially after you have downed a few to many margaritas on said patio. I wouldn't hate you either if you decided to try out the sparkly fuschia one too.

Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color

I wear this one!!!

So have you ever tried orange?
What is your go-to lip colour for summer?
Any margarita recommendations?




 PLEASE “LIKE” FANTASTIC CATS BEAUTY ON FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment